I’ve been tagged, from the film of the same name, to answer these questions. Here goes:
1. Number of books I have owned: I really don’t know. In the room where I sit now, I estimate there are about 500 books. In the rest of the house posibly another 2000 or so. In my office, maybe another 1000. Joint ownership with ‘er indoors, of course.
2. Last book I bought – Andrew Sinclair, The Breaking of Bumbo. I was keen on Sinclair as a youth, and have rediscovered him recently. I recommend Gog particularly. He has recently written a book dealing with all that da Vinci code (and why wasn’t it Leonardo code?) material, aiming at a readership with more than half a brain cell. It’s called Rosslyn
3. Last book I completed – I really don’t know. I’ve got several on the go at the moment: A.S. Byatt’s Babel Tower, Andrew Crumey’s Mobius Dick and Monica Ali’s Brick Lane.
4. Five books that mean a lot to me – what, only five? Blimey, that’s tough. This would be my choice today – probably a different five tomorrow:
Laurence Sterne, Tristram Shandy
Anthony Burgess, Any Old Iron
George Orwell, Down and Out in Paris and London
A.S. Byatt, Possession
Peter Ackroyd, Chatterton
5. Five bloggers to tag – I don’t know if I should presume, but if they want, I wouldn’t mind knowing about the following bloggers’ tastes:
Morning Loves It
The Gray Monk
Francessa of Francessa’s Thinking
Englishman in New York
Books by Dr Rob Spence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.