Tagged by Kat – I’ll have to find a better hiding place. OK:
7 things I plan to do before I die:
1) Live a lot longer
2) Get fitter
3) Visit New Zealand
4) Experience Il Carnevale in Venice
5) Write a novel
7) Discover how to sleep comfortably with two cats on the bed
7 things I can do:
1) Cook a decent veggie meal (Current signature dish: tagliatelle in gorgonzola sauce – bit of a cholesterol bomb, actually)
2) Look over my glasses in a withering fashion
3) Form an opinion on a book without having read it (and, in the case of A level Literature circa 1981, teach a book without having read it…)
4) Throw sticks for dogs much further than you’d think
5) Remember obscure details of records from 1971.
6) Read newspapers for hours
7) Eat burnt toast
7 things I cannot do:
1) Text messages. Sorry, I meant txt msgs
2) Pass a cat without attempting to stroke it
3) Wait in stationary traffic
4) Allow meaningless mumbo-jumbo to pass unchallenged.
5) Play a musical instrument
6) Use the verb “deliver” to mean “teach”
7) Speak in tongues
7 things that attract me to another person:
I can’t actually think of seven things – how do you know what it is? That’s the mystery isn’t it?
7 things that I say most often:
2) Howzat? (at least, I’ve been saying that a lot during the Ashes)
3) onward and upward
5) What’s for tea?
6) You might think that, I couldn’t possibly comment
7) Yays (a la Ray McCooney in Little Britain)
7 celebrity crushes:
This touches a nerve. I’m not allowed to say any woman on TV/film is good looking, or ‘er indoors will thereafter refer to said woman as “your girlfriend”. Those who have filled this role range from Julie Andrews (I know…) to Courtney Cox to Cherie Lunghi…
I found this a rather unsettling exercise – and I don’t know why, it’s just a bit of fun, eh?- so I won’t tag anyone else.
7 things by Dr Rob Spence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.